- Keep (save) a tenth of all you earn.
- Control your expenditure – always spend less than you earn
- Multiply your money – Select some form of investment
- Guard your treasure from loss – identify all the risks your investment could face and mitigate against them
- Make your house a profitable investment – owning your house means you never worry about being thrown out of your rented house
- Insure a future income for when you will not be able to earn a living
- Increase your ability to earn
George S. Clason